Zermatt lies at the base of Matterhorn.
There are dozens of hiking trails which will lead you through an enchanting world of nature.
Enjoy the sun, the crystal-clear air, and breathtaking mountain panoramas.
The downtown center is also car-free so you can wonder without being pushed off the road.
- Gornergrat-a cog railway winds its way up 3,089 meters
- Matterhorn Museum – showcase moutaineering equipment from 1865
- take a cableway up/down Matterhorn with a viewing platform to see the highest glaciers
- Gorner Gorge – footpath across narrow bridges with fixed rope guides
- unique local farming villages nearby
Echo Trails offers a series of delightful walking and hiking tours, geared to your interests and abilities.
An English speaking guide will accompany you.
Click here for more information on Echo Trail’s Day Walk or Hike in Zermatt