Mt. Pilatus & Mt. Rigi Walking Tour Highlights
“2 Peaks in 1 Day”
Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi? Which mountain peak to choose?
If you have one day in Lucerne and are wondering which mountain to go up – why not choose them both?
- Experience Lucerne’s two home mountain peaks in just one day
- Ride a cogwheel rail system to the top of Mt Rigi
- Start at Mt Rigi and savor its 360-degree views of the surrounding Alps
- Visit a 7th generation Swiss-Dairy and artisan cheese-maker
- Take a panoramic summit walk with views over 3 lakes
- Ride the cable car down with heart-stopping views over Lake Lucerne
- Relax on a 1-hour scenic boat cruise
- Ascend Mt. Pilatus in a combination panorama gondola and “Dragon Ride” cableway up to its 7000 ft. Summit
- Enjoy the world’s steepest cogwheel train ride to Lake Lucerne
- Easy bus & train transportation back to Lucerne
- This is a quiet, private, tour where you can learn about the Lucerne area and Switzerland, while enjoying spectacular Alpine views
This is an easy to moderate day hike on mountain contour path and rocky summit trail (with safety railings). Ride a cogwheel rail system to the top of Mt Rigi.
mid-May to October
- Meet: 07:00 am – Under the arches in front of the Lucerne train station
- We depart promptly at 07:18 am
- We return: 17:29 (5:29 pm)
- All activities and transportation described in the itinerary
- Light picnic lunch, drinks, & snacks (please advise us at time of booking of any special dietary restrictions)
- Private tour with expert local English-speaking guide who is happy to give you as much information as you want and to answer any questions about Switzerland – the country, its heritage and its culture.
Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased)
Items of personal nature.
What to Bring & Wear
What to wear and bring
Sunscreen & sunhat
Comfortable footwear with a sturdy sole – good quality trainers with a sturdy sole are also fine for this tour.
Warm layered clothing and wind/waterproof jacket as it can be cold at the top of the mountain.
Adult Standard: US $595 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $820 for one person
Adult with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Rate less US $105 per person
Adult with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Rate less US $210 per person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 15): US $298 per child
Child with Half-Tax Card Swiss: Standard Child Rate less US $52 per child
Child with Swiss/Tell-Pass/GA: Standard Child Rate less US $105 per child
Children 0-5 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
Cancellation Policy or Changes
The tour departs rain or shine.
Full refund up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.
50% refund if cancelled by 6.00 p.m. the day before departure.
No refund on the day of departure.
Calling outside of Switzerland: +41-79-813-36-10.
When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office.
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org