Highlights Lucerne Lakeside and Villas Private Walking Tour
Stroll along Lake Lucerne’s most panoramic paths. Walk by old Swiss chalets, villas and historic Meggenhorn and Neuhabsburg castles.
- Spectacular views of Lake Lucerne and the surrounding Alps
- See traditional Swiss chalets, and ornate villas
- View fabulous, historic Meggenhorn and Neuhabsburg castles
- Walk on marked “Wanderweg” paths
- An English speaking guide who is also an area resident, willing to share lots of information
- Use of Swiss public transportation system
- This is a quiet, private, tour where you can relax and learn about the Lucerne area and Switzerland
Consider this as a beautiful 1 to 2 hour walk/hike. Anytime between April and October is fine for this scenic walk.
- Meet: 9:15 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station – Morning Walk
- Return: 1:00 pm for morning walk
- Meet: 1:45 pm – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne train station – Afternoon Walk
- Return: 5:30 pm for afternoon walk
Click for Reviews
Details for Lucerne Lakeside and Villas Private Walking Tour
After a short bus ride our walk starts on the peninsula of Meggen on the northern shore of the Lake Lucerne.
From our bus stop, we walk along the lake to the neo-baroque style manor of St. Charles Hall to view the enchanting statues of Rolf Brem and continue to a small hamlet of 150-year old Swiss chalets.
Soon we walk past the now privately owned and still lived-in 19th Century Neuhabsburg Castle built on the ruins of a previous 13th century Habsburg castle.
We continue on past ornate old world villas to past green pastures and working farm houses arriving at the eastern entrance to the 19th Century Meggenhorn Castle. This estate includes vineyards and gardens with spectacular views of the surrounding Alps, petting farm animals and lakeside Christ statute.
Afterwards we continue on a 30-minute walk to our end destination at the Hotel Hermitage for cool refreshments at its lakeside terrace restaurant.
Adult Standard: US $170 per person, based on 2 or more
Adult Standard: US $290 for one person
Child (Standard ages 6 to 16): US $50 per child
Children under 6 years are free
5 or more contact ECHO Trails
- Full Day Lucerne Bus Pass
- English speaking Guide providing first-hand information on Lucerne & Switzerland. You get a sense of the people, the place and how it is to live here.
- Items of personal nature.
- Drinks – you may want to take a bottle of water along