A Day Hike with Spectacular Views of the Lucerne area
We rate this as a medium to challenging hike.
A hike at 1850 meters/6000 feet along a spectacular ridge path
- Unforgettable 360 degree views over the Alps and 10 lakes
- Ride the world’s steepest funicular railway followed by chairlift with spectacular views
- Learn about high Alpine farming and its special challenges
- Full day tour of about 4 to 5 hours on foot. Hiking a distance of approx. 6.5 kilometers, 4 miles
- This is a quiet, private, tour where you can learn about the Lucerne area and Switzerland – while enjoying great Alpine views
- Enjoy an unusual ride in a chairlift
Learn about high Alpine farming, its importance in maintaining the environment and its special challenges.
Consider this a beautiful 3.5 to 4.5 hour walk/hike over 6.5 kms/4 miles surrounded by alpine magnificence
July 1 to October 21
- Meet: 07:45 am – Under the arch in front of the Lucerne Main Train Station
- We return: 17:54 pm at the Lucerne Main Train Station
- Items of a personal nature.
- Food and beverages – take a picnic lunch, or to stop at a mountain inn