The Echo Trails 3-Day Swiss Rail tour is the perfect way to sample Switzerland’s legendary trains and culture. For added flexibility, you can choose the Swiss city where you want to be picked up and dropped off.
With an emphasis on Zermatt and the Matterhorn, the 3-Day Swiss Rail Tour includes first-class seating on both the Glacier Express and the 3-hour cruise of Lake Lucerne. If your time in Switzerland allows, you might like our 12-Day Signature Swiss Alps Rail Tour.
Two nights of premium accommodation at one hotel provides a relaxed pace–you never feel rushed. Your private guide takes care of all the details so you can relax and enjoy the journey.
Click for Reviews
Zermatt and the Matterhorn
Two-night stay at a 4-star hotel
Includes breakfast and three-course dinners
Travel on iconic railways—including Gornergrat and the Glacier Express
Enjoy a lunch at your table on the Glacier Express
Flexible pick-up and drop-off locations in Switzerland
Panoramic views of the Swiss Alps
Choice of guided walks/hikes and excursions
First-class travel on all trains
First-class boat cruise on Lake Lucerne
Your own personal, English-speaking guide
Join us for a relaxed take on the grandeur of the Swiss Alps.
Enjoy magnificent views of the iconic Matterhorn, travel on world-famous railways and a delightful, late-afternoon cruise on Lake Lucerne. Guided day hikes tailored to your fitness and interest provide an unforgettable way to experience the soaring beauty of the iconic Matterhorn.
After arrival in the city of your choice, you'll travel by train to Zermatt—a 3 ½ hour journey. You'll arrive in the picturesque tour early enough for some relaxed sightseeing that includes many different views of the Matterhorn. Afterwards, there’s still plenty of time left to enjoy wellness services at your hotel.
Enjoy breathtaking views of Mt. Matterhorn and the Alps in an excursion tailored to your fitness and wishes. You can choose to ride on Europe’s second highest railway (and highest open-air railway on the continent)—the Gornergrat cogwheel train that climbs up to the 10,134 feet (3089 meters).
You can also choose to hike to a 360-degree platform area providing a breathttaking panoramic view of 29 alpine peaks higher than 13,123 feet (4000 meters)–including the iconic Matterhorn.
A 1-2 hour guided hike across an alpine nature reserve includes awe-inspiring views of the Matterhorn mirrored in pristine alpine lakes. Along the way, you'll learn about the origins of Zermatt and the people who live in the the canton of Valais (French-speaking) or Wallis (German-speaking).
You'll say goodbye to your guide and depart Zermatt on the legendary Glacier Express bound for Andermatt and Lucerne. The train journey ends in Fluelen, where you'll board the Lake Lucerne Steamer and find comfortable seating in First Class for the leisurely cruise on Lake Lucerne—a trip features stunning views of Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Rigi.
Late afternoon, you'll depart for Basel or Zurich and on to your final destination. Your memories will definitely fit in carry-on!
Adult Standard: US $2,331* per person. Double occupancy and minimum 4 participants.
Adult Standard: US $2,920* per person. Double occupancy and minimum 2 participants
10% Deposit secures the booking – balance due 90 days before the departure date
● 3 day First Class Swiss Travel Rail Pass
● 2 nights Zermatt 4 star hotel
● Breakfasts and 3 course dinners
● Full Day Tour including Gornergrat Rail to the summit and walk-hike down
● First Class Glacier Express
● Lunch on the Glacier Express
● First Class Lake Lucerne Cruise – 3 hours voyage on Lake Lucerne
● Local English speaking guide
Wine & Alcoholic Beverages
Lunches in Zermatt
Items of personal nature.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES
2021 & 2022 – Amended Cancellation policy
With concerns about the coronavirus we have revised our cancellation to make it more flexible:
· Cancellations made 91 days or more prior to departure are subject to a $200.- per person cancellation fee.
· Cancellations made 31 to 90 days prior to departure are subject to $500.- per person cancellation fee
· Cancellations made within 30 days prior to departure are subject to a 100% non-refundable cancellation fee.
Swiss hotel and transportation suppliers require pre-payments and have strict non-cancellation policies.
Transportation vouchers and rail passes are bearer documents and cannot be refunded if lost or stolen. Changes? When in Switzerland, just dial 079-813-36-10 to reach our office
The US$ / Swiss Franc currency exchange rates have been relatively stable over the years. However, should the currency exchange rate change more than 2% at time of the final payment, we reserve the right to add the net difference to your final amount.
BOOKING A TOUR
Booking a Tour
Click on the “Book Now” button anywhere on this tour page
1. On the right hand side, select the Date you wish to take the tour in the Date Box 2. Input the number of participants: adults & children 3. Go To the Tour Box and click on BOOK button – the payment form will open 4. Under Options: See if you qualify for Swiss Pass or Half-Card tax – Select one or Select “No Card or Pass” 5. Review the final price – make sure it is correct 6. Read our Cancellation Policy – check the Terms & Conditions Box 7. Pay with either a PayPal account or debit/credit card